Culture and Clubs
Merchiston Preparatory School believes wholeheartedly in the importance of a well-balanced education. Our boys are offered a number of opportunities to be involved in arts and culture, both in class and as extra-mural activities. During the year, boys can take part in a number of productions, exhibitions and Eisteddfods.
As a school, we believe that the arts teach our boys a number of important lessons, essential to their development:
- Creativity, imagination and communication
- The freedom of expression, in all forms
- The value of experimentation
- Self-expression and self-confidence
- Listening, feeling, sensing and moving
- Teamwork, cohesiveness and connectivity
- Self-awareness and awareness of others
The Cultural Club, held on Friday afternoons, forms part of Merchiston’s extra-mural offering, providing boys with the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities. Each week they are exposed to elements of music, dance and drama as well as sessions of fine art. The boys are encouraged to express themselves and allow their creative spirit to reign.